Every single day, I get emails asking about resources to learn about physical activity for health, or resources that could be used to teach about this. I think it is fantastic the momentum that is building, recognising that this can help ourselves, but it is also something we can share with friends, family and patients.
Below is a list of really helpful resources, aimed largely at health professionals that can be used freely. Thanks a tonne to Profs Chris Oliver (@cyclingsurgeon) , Nanette Mutrie (@nanettemutrie) and Edinburgh University for pulling them together into one place.
- NHS Scotland Physical Activity resource siteuseful videos, “Every Step Counts”. Free e-learning.
- The Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine Exercise Prescription
- FYSSSwedish National Institute Public Health Physical Activity Resource. Free.
- NHS England Choices Exercise
- Lancet Series on Physical Activity instructional lectures
- The Lancet Physical Activity Observatory: promoting physical activity worldwide
- BMJ – Physical Activity in the treatment of long term conditions
- What’s the best thing we can do for our health?”by Dr Mike Evans, 23.5 hours is a short video on the benefit physical activity can have on our health and wellbeing. The clip can be viewed on YouTube.